Covington is a vibrant city filled with art1, music2, shops3, quaint streets and great cuisine4. Our residents and visitors enjoy a wonderful quality of life enhanced by the natural beauty of 200+ year old live oaks, unique and charming architecture and generations of fascinating family histories. Whether you live here or are just visiting, slow your pace, slow your roll and enjoy our way of life, the Covington way of life.
1. Along with the galleries, supply shops and studios in downtown, there are lessons offered by wonderful instructors.
2. We enjoy over 100 live music performances annually – Every Wednesday and Saturday at our Farmer’s Market, every Thursday evening in April and October at the Trailhead or Peter Atkins Park, bluegrass on Fall Saturdays at the Feed Store, Sunset at the Landing Concerts at the Columbia Street Landing every third Friday from March through October, music festivals at Bogue Falaya Park as well as the most popular acts from the surrounding area playing our clubs on weekend nights. Don’t put away your dancing shoes.
3. From ladies’ fashions to architectural glass, children’s clothes to cast iron cookware, décor for the home to knife sharpening, woodwrights and cabinet makers to shoes for a Diva, Covington’s shops are unique and irresistible.
4. One of the daily challenges of living in Covington is “where to eat?” Whether a small diner, a po-boy heaven or an award-winning upscale bistro, being a successful restauranteur here means being one of the best at what you do … and little-ole Covington has a couple of dozen from which to choose.
Covington is not just a place. Covington is a way of life.
Cruise your bike under a wonderful tree canopy past beautiful homes on streets laid out prior to the invention of the automobile. Take a Sunday stroll in downtown, past 100+ year old buildings and 100+ year old businesses - on streets General Andrew Jackson inspected on his way to the Battle of New Orleans. Learn about family histories whose stories begin in the 50’s … the 1850’s. Picnic and play on the beaches of Bogue Falaya Wayside Park or slip your kayak into the river’s waters and relax. Tap your feet to the tunes at the Farmer’s Market or Feed Store . . .
. . . maybe cut a rug at the Trailhead or in one of our clubs. Join the debate over whose red beans and rice are best on Mondays, who makes the best po-boy, the best steak or the best seafood platter. Be prepared to defend your position.
- Antique cars – block party √
- Antiques – we have a festival for that √
- Gallery openings, art walks and festivals √
- Mardi Gras parades, √
- Parish wide fair, √
- History and Holly Home Tour, √
Check the Community Calendar to see what’s happens to be happening this month.
Slow Your Pace … Slow Your Roll and enjoy Covington. It’s a way of life.