The Covington Police Department is hiring highly motivated and professional individuals who are looking to begin a law enforcement career in the City of Covington.
The Covington Police Department has a robust benefits package which includes:
- Starting Salary - $42,400 - $44,096, depending on previous law enforcement experience.
- $7,200 State Supplemental Pay, starting one year from POST Graduation.
- 100% of retirement paid by the City. (Typically, the employee would pay 10% of their salary into the retirement system. With CPD, the employee’s portion is paid by the city, saving you thousands of dollars per year.)
- The City pays the employee’s medical benefits.
- Incentive pay for a college degree, up to an additional $2,340 per year.
- Incentive pay for a medical certification, up to an additional $2,340 per year depending on certification.
- Individual Police Unit issued, with take-home privileges.
- ALL equipment and uniforms, including boots, provided to officers. (We mean everything! You will not have to purchase anything to work for CPD.)
- Overtime opportunities are available.
- Off-Duty Details at $38 an hour available daily.
- Specialized Divisions and Teams.
To join the Covington Police Department you must:
- Be a United States citizen.
- Be a high school graduate (or have a GED or equivalent).
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Have a current, valid Louisiana or other state driver’s license.
- Have no felonies or criminal convictions.
You will also need to pass the Louisiana Municipal Civil Service Entry Level Police Officer Exam, which you can take in Covington, in other locations throughout Louisiana, or online.
If you are interested in joining our team and becoming a leader in the Covington community, or for more information, fill out the form below or call 985 892-8500, option 5.