Police Security Details
Covington Police Department officers know how to manage the public, diffuse potentially dangerous situations, and respond in every situation with professionalism. They have the ability to make arrests and call for immediate back-up in emergencies. From patrolling the neighborhood to managing thousands of people for special events, your officers are trained and ready to serve.
The safety and protection of our citizens, visitors, and businesses are critical to our way of life in Covington, so we've made it easy for you to hire a professional Covington Police officer for your private security needs by completing the form below.
If you need an officer for an event in the next 48 hours, please call us directly at 985 892-8500.
- Retail and Restaurant Security
- Property Protection (Neighborhood Patrol, Worksite Protection)
- Permitted Special Event Security (including Block Parties)
- Sporting Events
- School Events and Team Escorts
- Construction Traffic Management
- Private and Public Events
- Residential or Business moves requiring a street blockage
If you are planning a Special Event*, please visit the City of Covington's Department of Cultural Arts and Events' Special Event Permit Application website. A special event permit is required for any event taking place on city-owned property. Public safety consideration is determined during the special event permitting process.
- $38.00 per hour for each officer who provides security services for customer (4-hour minimum per assignment)
- $50.00 per hour for each officer who provides traffic-control services or road closures for a customer (4-hour minimum per assignment)